Added to cart
Fried Soft Shell Crawfish
Recipe courtesy of Delcambre Market Consultant Chef John Reason.
Photo credit: BayouWildTv
- 1 lb (2-doz.) Louisiana Soft Shell Crawfish
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Mais Palm seasoning blend
- ½ garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- Favorite condiment dipping sauce for serving
- Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees.
- Rinse soft shell crawfish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine flour, seasonings, and salt & pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and milk.
- In the third bowl, add breadcrumbs.
- Dredge crawfish in flour mixture, then dip in egg wash, and dredge again in flour mixture..
- Cook for a few minutes until crawfish float and are golden brown.
- Serve as a garnish on your favorite seafood dish with favorite condiments for dipping as an appetizer.
Serving Size: 6 soft shell crawfish Servings: 4
30g Fat (2g Saturated fat, 45mg Cholesterol.) 260mg Sodium. 24g Carbohydrates (2g Fiber, 0g Total sugar.) 30g Protein.
Purchase soft shell crawfish here → https://louisianadirectseafoodshop.com/product/softshell-crawfish/
- Lower Fat: Air-fry crawfish on 350 degrees for 8 minutes, flipping once. 330 Calories. 5g Fat (1g Saturated fat, 45mg Cholesterol.) 1,210mg Sodium. 42g Carbohydrates (2g Fiber, 3g Total sugar.) 29g Protein.
- Lower Carbohydrate: Substitute whey protein isolate powder for flour. 375 calories. 30g fat (2g saturated fat, 49mg cholesterol.) 220mg sodium. 1g carbohydrates (<1g fiber, <1g sugar.) 36g protein.
- Lower Sodium: Use salt-free Cajun seasoning such as Cajun180 La Cajun Gold “No Salt.” Omit salt. Reduces sodium 220mg.
- Dairy-free: Use nut milk. No significant change in macros.
- Gluten-free: Use gluten-free flour. No significant change in macros.