Crawfish Burgers with Guacamole Courtesy of Chef David Hulin of Cajun 180 Fresh Louisiana Crawfish
Cheesy Crawfish Nachos
Cheesy Crawfish Nachos
- 2 lb Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tsp each red pepper, black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 oz) pkg of each shredded cheeses: Cheddar, Pepper Jack, and Colby Monterey Jack
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 c fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 c green onions, sliced
- 1 (10-12 oz) bag of corn tortilla chips
- Heat the saucepan on medium heat and melt butter.
- Sauté onions, celery, and bell pepper for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and seasonings, and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the mushroom and celery soups and the tomato sauce, until well mixed.
- Simmer on low for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold in the crawfish tails and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Pepper Jack cheese and Cheddar cheese, stirring until completely melted and heated through.
- Layer chips on an extra-large non-stick sheet pan, and top with the crawfish mixture, shredded Colby Monterey cheese blend, and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and sliced green onions, and serve.
Serving Size: 2 cups Servings: 8
53g Fat (26g Saturated fats, 245mg Cholesterol.) 1,450mg Sodium. 42g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 6g Total Sugar.) 45g Protein.
- Lower fat: 510 kcal (20g fats, 6g saturated fats, 26mg cholesterol, 42g carbohydrates, 44g protein.) Substitute 3 Tbsp for butter. Choose “Baked” tortilla chips. Substitute 1 (8 oz) package of fat-free cream cheese & 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes for Pepper Jack cheese, and blend thoroughly. Choose “Reduced-Fat” cheese for Cheddar & Colby Monterey Jack Cheese. If you choose “low fat” or “fat-free” cheeses, It likely will not melt and have the same texture of this recipe. Optional: The amount of shredded cheese can be lowered to further reduce total fats.
- Lower carbohydrate: 752 kcal (49g fats, 15.5g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 63g protein.) Substitute ¼ tsp xanthan gum and 1 cup each of sour cream and half and half in place of soups. Choose protein chips or other low-carb chips, or cucumber slices.
- Lower sodium: 784 kcal (55g fats, 744mg sodium, 38g carbohydrates, 40g protein.) Use unsalted butter. Use “No Salt Added” tomato sauce. Substitute Unsalted Cream of Mushroom & Unsalted Cream of Chicken for the soups. Substitute 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese & 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes for the pepper jack cheese. Use “Lightly Salted” tortilla chips. Optional: The amount of shredded cheese can be lowered to further reduce the sodium.
- Dairy-free: 767 kcal (47g fats, 53g carbohydrates, 36g protein.) Substitute coconut oil for butter. Add 3 Tbsp flour. Substitute vegan sour cream and cream cheese for the soups. Use vegan cheese.
- Gluten-free: 829 kcal (56g fats, 39g carbohydrates, 45g protein.) If gluten-free cream of mushroom, and cream of celery soups are unavailable, then substitute 1 cup each of half and half and Light sour cream. Add 3 Tbsp Tapioca flour to the butter.