Crawfish Burgers with Guacamole Courtesy of Chef David Hulin of Cajun 180 Fresh Louisiana Crawfish
Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang Shrimp!
- 1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp fresh parsley
Bang Bang Sauce:
- ¼ c of mayonnaise
- ¼ c. Thai sweet chili sauce (in the asian isle)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅛ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ Tbsp onion powder
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the paprika, garlic, and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, garlic, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. Set aside
- In a large skillet, on medium-high heat, cook shrimp in olive oil, stirring constantly until no longer pink- about 10 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to the bowl of sauce mixture and toss well.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens or corn maque choux. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Serving size: ½ cup. Servings: 4
251 calories. 15g fat (2g saturated fat, 151mg cholesterol.) 734mg sodium. 13g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 9g sugar.) 16g protein.
- Lower Fat: Use low-fat mayonnaise. Reduce oil to 2tsp. 183 calories. 7g fat (1g saturated fat, 148mg cholesterol.) 770mg sodium. 14g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 9g sugar.) 16g protein.
- Lower Carbohydrate: Use a sugar-free sweet chili sauce such as G Hughes brand. 216 calories. 15g fat (2g saturated fat, 151mg cholesterol.) 730mg sodium. 4g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 1g sugar.) 16g protein.
- Lower Sodium: There is no added salt in this recipe. Crawfish tails may be substituted for shrimp. 264 calories. 15g fat (2g saturated fat, 6mg cholesterol.) 307mg sodium. 12 carbohydrates (1g fiber, 9g sugar.) 21g protein.
- Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.
- Gluten-free: Recipe is gluten-free as is.