Crawfish Burgers with Guacamole Courtesy of Chef David Hulin of Cajun 180 Fresh Louisiana Crawfish
Shrimp Toast with Remoulade
Complements of Chef John Reason, Consultant Chef of Delcambre Market Health & Wellness
- 4 slices of soft white bread
- 1 lb. Louisiana shrimp
- 1 tsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. crushed C’est Tout Trinity seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- toasted sesame seeds, to taste
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Cajun Maispalm seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Preheat fryer to 350.
- In food processor, pulse shrimp, garlic, and curry paste until smooth paste forms.
- Fold in the C’est Tout into the paste.
- Lather paste onto the bread sealing the edges.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the toast.
- Slice diagonally to make 8 triangles (or cut into fourths for appetizer portion,) and fry at 350 until golden brown.
- Whisk all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Serve with shrimp toast in ramekin.
- Keep refrigerated when not in use.
Serving Size: 2 toast diagonals. Serves 4
570 Calories. 44g Fat (5g Saturated fat, 155mg Cholesterol.) 1,370mg Sodium. 21g Carbohydrates (2g Fiber, 3g Total sugar.) 19g Protein.
Lower Fat: Use low-fat mayonnaise, air-fry toast. 270 Calories. 9g Fat (2g Saturated fat, 154mg Cholesterol.) 1,440mg Sodium. 24g Carbohydrate (2g Fiber, 4g Sugar.) 19g Protein.
Lower Carbohydrate: Use keto bread. 500 Calories. 44g Fat (5g Saturated fat, 157mg Cholesterol.) 1,347mg Sodium. 12g Carbohydrates (9g Fiber, 1g Total sugar.) 21g Protein.
Lower Sodium: Use salt-free Cajun seasoning, and low-sodium bread and mayonnaise to reduce sodium to 991mg. Sodium can be reduced further by substituting crawfish. 550 Calories. 44g Fat (4g Saturated fat, 20mg Cholesterol.) 565mg Sodium. 13g Carbohydrates (3g Fiber, 3g Total sugar.) 23g Protein.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.
Gluten-free: Ensure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free, and use gluten-free bread. 550 Calories. 45g Fat (5g Saturated fat, 155mg Cholesterol.) 1,330mg Sodium. 17g Carbohydrates (2g Fiber, 4g Total sugar.) 18g Protein.
Get your shrimp here →https://louisianadirectseafoodshop.com/product-category/shrimp/